AMD has announced the release of AMD Radeon HD 8970M, where the company brags it being the world’s fastest notebook graphic card.
Earlier the Radeon HD 8970M graphic card was sold in eBay and was said that the compatibility is verified only with Alienware R4 series gaming notebook. MSI did spill the details of the card few days ago, with 3DMark 11 Performance preset benchmark stating that there is 7.5% more performance in comparison with GTX680M and will be present in their MSI GX70 3BE gaming notebook, along with AMD Richland A10 APU.
The features and benefits are as follows:
- Speed: Featuring AMD’s GCN Architecture, the AMD Radeon HD 8970M GPU is built for speed and designed from the ground up to provide the best experience in the top PC games for today and tomorrow.
- Intelligent Power Features: AMD’s Enduro Technology allows the AMD Radeon HD 8970M GPU to optimize battery life. The power features are inherently dynamic, delivering instant performance when needed and adjusting GPU requirements when in idle mode.
- Multi-Display Optimization: AMD Eyefinity technology allows for the highest quality multi-display gaming spread across several different monitors, creating an immersive experience.
- Engineered for Compute: AMD App Acceleration harnesses the compute power of the AMD Radeon GPU to take workload off the CPU and provide unprecedented performance in everyday applications. The AMD Radeon HD 8970M GPU offers improved performance and enhanced visual effects5.
- Unparalleled Image Quality & Video Playback: The AMD Radeon HD 8970M GPU is the ideal entertainment and productivity tool that provides smooth video playback and maximizes image quality for all of your multimedia needs.
- DirectX 11.1 Support: Offers full support for DirectX 11.1 and Windows 8 for all of today and tomorrow’s games and applications.