1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thanks for visiting BBQ Community, a new home for hardware enthusiasts, fans, overclockers, system builders and newbies! We plan to have many features and content in the near future- both staff and user driven- so do sign up and be a part of the community!
    Dismiss Notice

Nvidia Issues with GTX 970

Discussion in 'Graphic Cards and Display Monitors' started by Udit, Feb 6, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Udit

Udit Newbie

I had got two Zotac GTX 970 Amp Extreme Graphics Cards from MD Computers on 27th October 2014 since getting them I faced slight stuttering and micro stuttering whenever I used supersampling or Nvidia DSR specially in Shadow of Mordor and Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. At that time used to think maybe GTX 970 SLI is weak.

On 12th January 2015 I saw a thread on www.overclock.net that the GTX 970 can use only 3.5GB VRAM and then on 24th January 2015 Nvidia published a statement via www.anandtech.com that the issue is real and also read that many people are returning the cards for a refund.

So on 29th January 2015 I message PeterS@NVIDIA on forums.geforce.com and the conversation is shown below.

[​IMG]

So as per his instructions I email Zotac India on technical@zotac.com and the conversation is shown below.

[​IMG]

Then as per the reply of Mr. Swarn Singh from Zotac India I message PeterS@NVIDIA on forums.geforce.com again saying "My retailer and zotac said no to a refund / upgrade. They are saying its upto nvidia so please help me." to which he did not reply.

Then on 2nd February 2015 Roshan (The Sorcerer) said to email the Zotac HQ so on 3rd February 2015 I emailed Zotac on sales@zotac.com saying :
    "Hello,
    I am from Kolkata India and I had got two Zotac GTX 970 Amp Extreme Graphics Cards from MD Computers on 27th October 2014. Since few days I am hearing that during the launch nvidia had stated wrong specifications and has revised them now but I am not satisfied with the new specifications and am feeling cheated.

When I messaged nvidia to take the two cards back and give me a refund or upgrade to two Zotac GTX 980 Amp Extreme Graphics Cards they said to contact Zotac directly for the refund / upgrade and when I contacted Zotac India they said contact nvidia.

Please help me.

The invoice is attached to this email.

Regards,
    Udit Agarwal."

I also emailed the same to Nvidia on info@nvidia.com.

To which both Zotac and Nvidia never replied thus I gave up all hope and planned on Selling the cards.

Now on 4th February 2015 Roshan (The Sorcerer) posted on Facebook that ZOTAC has officially confirmed that it is taking GTX 970 back with the link http://www.kitguru.net/components/g...s-accept-returns-of-geforce-gtx-970-adapters/

After that I message Mr. Swarn Singh saying :
    "Hello,
    http://www.kitguru.net/components/g...s-accept-returns-of-geforce-gtx-970-adapters/
    Zotac has announced return plans for the GTX 970 so please give me a refund.

Regards,
    Udit."

To which he replies saying :
    "Hi,
    This is e-retailer who is taking back in UK, ZOTAC do not have any return plan.
    If you have any query regarding this issue, kindly contact to NVidia team. Thanks….

Best Regards,
    Swarn Singh"

Then yesterday I email sales@zotac.com, marketing@zotac.com and press@zotac.com saying :
    "Hello,
    I am from Kolkata India and I had got two Zotac GTX 970 Amp Extreme Graphics Cards from MD Computers on 27th October 2014. Since few days I am hearing that during the launch nvidia had stated wrong specifications and has revised them now but I am not satisfied with the new specifications and am feeling cheated.

When I messaged the moderator PeterS@NVIDIA on forums.geforce.com to take the two cards back and give me a refund he said to contact Zotac directly for the refund and when I contacted Zotac India they said contact nvidia.

Please help me get a refund.

Regards,
    Udit Agarwal."

To which Zotac hasn't replied yet.

Now Roshan (The Sorcerer) has emailed Nvidia and Zotac regarding this.

So awaiting a update now regarding the refund / upgrade.

Tags:
  2. ZBoi

ZBoi Newbie

India India
    swan singh should be sacked because he is purposely wasting time and passing the buck unnecessarily. why is there no clarity from nvidia?

the best option for you is to sell both the cards. unfortunately these guys will blame each other and not give any solution. dont buy zotac because this singh guy didn't give a proper direction from the start. people like him will never value his customerbase. I am sure the value of both the cards is far more than his monthly salary. arrogance will lead to brand's reputation destruction.

3. Udit

Udit Newbie

Sorry for updating the thread late but had got busy.

On 21st February 2015 Roshan (The Sorcerer) told that some person named Mr. Rajaram from Nvidia has told him that he wants to talk with me so I should call him and talk to him.

On calling him he says he never talked with Roshan (The Sorcerer) and asked me what is my issue so I tell him everything about the last 512MB being slow and about the micro stuttering (used the word lag with him) when I use 4x DSR or 4x Supersampling to which he repeatedly says that the remaining 512MB is useable properly and it is not possible to suffer lag when the FPS is high inspite of me saying repeatedly that I am witnessing it.

After that he repeatedly starts saying that you should reduce the DSR or Supersampling setting to 2x from 4x if your are suffering lag and that it is not possible to suffer lag when the FPS is high.

I was on Speaker phone so upon him repeatedly saying the same thing my Dad in a strong voice says please stop repeating the same thing and believe in the issue and give a refund to which he says stop shouting sir and that it is upto Zotac to give a refund to you so please contact them to that I say that Zotac has already said no and he says show me.

So I take Mr. Rajaram's email id (rajaramc@nvidia.com) and email Zotac with him as CC saying :
    "Hello,

When I messaged nvidia to take the two cards back and give me a refund or upgrade to two Zotac GTX 980 Amp Extreme Graphics Cards they said to contact Zotac directly for the refund / upgrade and when I contacted Zotac India they said contact nvidia.

Please help me.

Regards,
    Udit Agarwal."

To which Zotac replied :
    "Dear Udit,
    As I have already provided you the enough information about this card. We have delivered the product as it is written on the box with all specification, Hence won’t do anything until it is any warranty issue.

Performance wise GTX 970 series card is excellent & has no problem at all.

The GeForce GTX 970 is equipped with 4GB of dedicated graphics memory. However the 970 has a different configuration of SMs than the 980, and fewer crossbar resources to the memory system. To optimally manage memory traffic in this configuration, NVidia team segment graphics memory into a 3.5GB section and a 0.5GB section. The GPU has higher priority access to the 3.5GB section. When a game needs less than 3.5GB of video memory per draw command then it will only access the first partition, and 3rd party applications that measure memory usage will report 3.5GB of memory in use on GTX 970, but may report more for GTX 980 if there is more memory used by other commands. When a game requires more than 3.5GB of memory then we use both segments.

Secondly if you will compare both card GTX970 & GTX 980 performance wise GTX 970 performance reached up to 90 to 95 % of GTX980.

GTX 970 is best performance /$ card.

Best Regards,
    Swarn Singh"

I have forwarded the reply to Mr. Rajaram.

Also when Roshan (The Sorcerer) called Mr. Rajaram after my conversation he denied recommending me to reduce the DSR or Supersampling setting to 2x from 4x.

This situation is seriously becoming pathetic now.