- Processor: Creative Sound Core3D CA0138
- Memory: none
- Interface: USB 2
- Maximum Channels: 2 (analog)
- Bit-rate: 24-bit
- Maximum Sample Rate: 48KHz
- Inputs: Micro–USB, 3.5mm mic, 3.5mm Stereo Aux in, 3.5mm optical S/PDIF in
- Outputs: 3.5mm headphone
- Audio technologies: THX TruStudio Pro, Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic, DirectSound HW, DirectSound SW, OpenAL generic modes,
- Extras: 1 x optical S/PDIF lead, 1 x micro-USB to USB
As can be seen, the maximum channels supported is just 2 so multi speaker set ups are not really possible with this sound card.
The card is capable for down mixing 5.1 audio to the stereo so even if your source material is 5.1 you can safely play it on a headphone. Also, there are surround sound emulation modes which frankly I don’t care for but YMMV.
The maximum sample rate is just 48 kHz which doesn’t match the 96 kHz that the PCI-E version is capable of.
The card has a physical button for enabling the THX effects which is good for those who like the output. A similar button for Scout mode is also available so you can turn on/off the enhancement during a game. There is also a microphone adjustment button.