Horrific tale of an exploding power supply

Well, it is not surprising that a substandard power supply blew up during usage, however, the extent of damage is something that it doesn’t cease to amaze me- not to mention how lucky his son is. Such is a case with one of the readers of Register UK when Keith who lives in Germany with his 15-year-old son who was typing on the computer, doing his homework.

..and then the system’s power supply explodes.



Although the system was 10 years old, he installed a new power supply 10 months ago. You can see that the main capacity is damaged very badly, most likely the cause of an explosion, however, the extent of damage is extremely disturbing.

Luckily, despite disconnecting the system and tossing it out of the balcony and poured a bottle of water to put the fire out, the hard drive seems to work after doing the infamous oven trick.

I am sure he will buy a system with a good power supply- and hopefully, others take a wise lesson from this.

Source: Register UK

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Beyond News. Beyond Reviews. Beyond Guides & Recommendations.

Join the never ending discussions on never ending topics.
Previous Article

AMD to sell Lone Star campus in Austin

Next Article
AMD Roadmap 2013

AMD to show Ultra low-power APU and Radeon SSD

Related Posts

Beyond News. Beyond Reviews. Beyond Guides & Recommendations.

Hardware BBQ is a PC hardware review, news and recommendations website. Typical of such PC hardware websites, I encourage two-way communication and discussions. Help us to help everybody by being a part of it. I am pretty active on Twitter. But for any detailed discussions and inquiries, you can always join the Discord group for any discussions.The future plans include streaming on Twitch, but I'll let you if and when that plan is made. Don't forget to follow the channel if you're interested.