The all-new Nvidia GeForce 465.89 WHQL driver provides certain optimizations for games but the most important one is the Resizable BAR support. All three chipmakers: Intel, Nvidia and AMD provide this support via their respective CPUs and GPUs. This also requires firmware update from respective AIC partners but that’s something that’s been rolled out via their website and utility.
For now, Nvidia is enabling Resizable BAR support on 17 games but it’s something that Nvidia will keep adding up. Apart from that, this provides optimizations for DIRT 5’s Ray Tracing, game ready for Evil Genius 2: World Domination, KINGDOM HEARTS series which is released in EPIC Games. There are also some issues fixed.
The following are the relevant bits and bops of the driver’s log:
Game Ready for Outriders
This new Game Ready Driver provides support for the launch of Outriders, which features NVIDIA
DLSS technology. Additionally, this release also provides optimal day-1 support for:
- DIRT 5’s new ray-tracing update
- The launch of Evil Genius 2: World Domination
- The launch of the KINGDOM HEARTS Series on the Epic Games Store
- [Rainbow Six Siege][Vulkan]: Smoke appears pixelated. 
- [Vulkan][X4: Foundations 4.00/X4: Cradle of Humanity] The game may crash on GeForce RTX 30 Series. 
- [GeForce RTX 3090]: Blue-screen crash occurs when Samsung Odyssey G9 is paired with HDMI TV. 
- [GeForce RTX 2060]: Blue-screen crash (DPC_WATCHDOGS_VIOLATION) occurs when playing a game and watching YouTube video simultaneously. 
- [Sunset Overdrive]: The application may display random green corruption if Depth of Field is enabled from in-game settings 
- Realtek Displayport-to-HDMI 2.1 protocol converter clock limited to 600MHz pixel clock 
- [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere/Turing GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain higher-refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. .
- [GFE Screenshot/HDR]: Application screenshots are washed out when HDR is enabled 
- [World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game 
- [Supreme Commander/Supreme Commander 2]: The games experience low FPS. [3231218/3230880]
- [Batman Arkham Knight]: The game crashes when turbulence smoke is enabled. 
- [Adobe Camera RAW 12.x]: RAW files may show up black in Adobe Lightroom. 
- [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game while any GPU hardware monitoring tool is running in the background. 
- [VR]: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 VR may stutter if Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling is disabled. 
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. 
Of course, this means it will need updates from both the CPU and the GPU. But it’s best to check if your CPU platform supports Resizable BAR and download the latest BIOS which carries this support. Once you do that, then it’s best to go ahead with the firmware update.