SanDisk officially launches its Cache drive “ReadyCache” with 32GB. Until now, OCZ and Corsair were the ones who have their Flash NAND based Cache Drives but unlike these SanDisk uses SATA III interface and their own firmware called Express Cache. As of now, this is only available in 32GB. Priced under $50 via Amazon U.S., I am keen to know how this performance since Corsair Accelerator+ Nvelo firmware made a not-so-near decent impression in the review. I am keen to see what kind of flash NAND it uses and about the firmware. If the SATA III interface gives a significant boost in performance is something that will be seen only during evaluation.
For those who are not familiar, Cache Drives are nothing more than Drive like any SSDs, except that once it is installed with your primary OS Hard Drive with its provided firmware, it boosts the performance your mechanical hard drive and giving a new life to your system as it gives boost in load times for the operating systems and the applications as well.
- Available capacities: 32GB
- Dimensions:0.28 in. x 2.75 in. x 3.95 in. (7.0 mm x 69.85 mm x 100.5 mm)
- Operating temperature: -32ºF to 158ºF (0ºC to 70 ºC)
- Storage temperature: -67ºF to 203ºF (-55ºC to 95ºC)
- Interface: SATA Revision 3.0 (6 Gbit/s)
- Shock: Resistant up to 1500 G @ 0.5 m/sec
- Vibration (Operating/Non-operating) : 5g RMS, 10-200MHZ / 5g RMS, 10-200MHZ
- Power Consumption (active): 0.5w
- Support: Three year limited warranty
- System Requirements: Desktop computers running the Windows® 7 operating system.
An open SATA port must be available on the motherboard to install the SanDisk ReadyCache SSD
· Faster Boot Times: The SanDisk ReadyCache hardware and software solution enables up to four times faster boot performance than a standalone hard drive, letting consumers boot their computer quickly and shut down the system in moments
· Faster Application Launches: The caching solution launches applications up to 12 times faster, which is especially useful during gaming, business and multimedia applications
· Supports Multiple Hard Drives: Unlike most SSD caching solutions, the SanDisk ReadyCache solution can pull data from multiple hard drives, enabling a consistent performance improvement when utilizing more than one hard drive
· Supports High-Capacity Hard Drives: The solution supports hard drives with any amount of capacity so users can enjoy maximum storage space
· Data Coherency: All data that resides in the cache also resides on the primary storage, which helps prevent data loss if the caching solution is later uninstalled
· Seamless Multitasking: The caching solution enables consumers to smoothly run simultaneous applications, ideal when multitasking
· Fast Installation: With the SanDisk ReadyCache solution, consumers don’t need to replace their existing hard drive, clone their operating system, perform lengthy installs or migrate data. The product comes with an installation kit that includes a SATA 6Gb/s cable, a 3.5-inch mounting bracket and screws; and the software is simple to download and install
The drive comes with 3 Years Warranty period with the MRP of Rs. 3,759/-.